Ever wondered where in the world the most exotic and tranquil beaches are? Let us point you in the right direction with our top 10:
1. Balneario de Boqueron, Cabo Rojo – Puerto Rico
Steeped in pirate history and dozens of secret caves, its white sandy shores are among the most intriguing.
2. Hulopo’e Beach, Lana’i – Hawaii
Spot colourful fish and spinner dolphins on one of the world’s most immaculate stretches of sand.
3. Eagle Beach, Aruba – The Caribbean
These clean, tranquil waters combined with perfect year-round weather and powdery sand are just heavenly.
4. Dona Paula Beach – Goa
A gorgeous, palm-tree fringed shoreline and pristine beach make this spot really romantic.
5. Shoal Bay, Anguilla – The Caribbean
A two-mile stretch of pearly white sand meets the Atlantic Ocean with a laid-back charm.
6. The Spit – Australia’s Gold Coast
A surprisingly quiet beach with perfectly still waters.
7. Clearwater Beach – Florida
Hundreds of beachfront hotels line this broad, sandy beach with the bluest water you’ve ever seen.
8. The Dalmation Coast – Croatia
Not just one beach, but a few of them – all with azure waters and a rocky backdrop.
9. El Bajondillo, the Costa del Sol – Spain
Beautiful soft sands and a Mediterranean climate make this one of Spain’s most iconic beaches.
10. Pampalonne Beach, St Tropez – The French Riviera
A favourite among the rich and famous, this beach got its sexy reputation thanks to the brilliant Brigitte Bardot.